Sunday, July 31, 2005

Video Strippers

I threw in a tape this week to try and catch the Jessica Simpson video that I've been hearing about on a video countdown show. You know the one. The boots one. The slutty one.

It was okay. No doubt she's hot and it was worth watching.

But I found a better one on the countdown. One I hadn't heard of. Hotter still by far.

That video was the "Pussycat Dolls" and their song "Don't Cha". 5 singers / sexy dancers fronted by a hot black-haired Latina who can sing and dance. Wow.

The chorus, if you haven't seen it, asks:

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me?

Don't cha?
Don't cha?

I can answer that question. You and I both know what most males watching that video would answer.

Don't cha?

Hot. Freaky. Raw. Fun.

There are some adjectives missing from that list: pretty, intelligent, charming, wholesome, snuggly, frugal, spiritual, intuitive, interesting, lovable, friendly, etc.

The songwriter knew the hotbuttons. Hot. Freaky. Raw. Fun.

And my lizard brain knew the answer as I watched the hot, freaky, raw, fun dancing in the video: uh huh.

Yes, ladies, I know. That concept cuts both ways.

So, what's the ladies' ideal version of that song?

Picture the male dance review strippers in a video singing to you.

Fill in the blank 4 times:


Don't cha wish your boyfriend was _______ like me?

Tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home