Monday, August 09, 2004

An Homage, A Death Threat, and an Unexpected Discovery

An Homage:

my award for best recent media depiction of girls kissing - which is, after all, my thing - goes to the Starsky and Hutch DVD. Carmen Electra and Amy Smart kissing around Owen Wilson on the couch. The kissing scene could have been longer, but Rwrrrr is it tasty! And that's what the pause button is made for. Enough said. Add Amy Smart to my list of celebrities that I would like a lapdance from.

A Death Threat:

to the hacker who's fatal virus resulted in the extreme termination of my last PC with a baseball bat. Okay, I didn't really beat it to death. But I wanted to. Instead, it's cannabalized carcass haunts my garage. The hacker, on the other hand, would not so easily escape the baseball bat should his or her miserable hide darken my path. Death to hackers!

An Unexpected Discovery:

of my recently developed ability to flirt with pretty girls.

Must be from the many hours in the dark at the back table talking to beautiful strippers. Several recent events provoked this recognition of my new ability. Here's two.

- flirting with a pretty girl in an hour long line at security at one of the many airports I've been through this year. Without anxiety.

- and realizing that a really lovely twenty-something young lady that I had been having conversations with in a "Lost in Translation" setting for a week was acutally breathless as she talked to me on the last evening. Not "I've just run up a flight of stairs" breathless. But the kind of breathless that I've been many, many times in my life as I've talked with pretty girls. The mixed attaction / intimidation kind of breathless. Wow! I caused that in her? Unreal. The circumstances are not important, just the realization by both of us that it was happening.

Where was this ability 30 years ago when it would have made a difference?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home