Friday, February 20, 2004

Couples Dance

Couples always intrigue me in a strip club. They catch my eye as I'm observing my fellow denizens of the dark.

I'm not talking about groups that include couples, or parties, or any configuration other than simply a guy and a girl at a table. I'm a people watcher, and I like to watch these couples in the club.

Originally I thought that dancers would love to see couples come in. Seemed to me that it would be two chances at getting a paid dance. You know that eventually the guy is going to buy the girl a lapdance for the thrill of it. And that's probably right for some dancers. But I've had the chance to talk to dancers about this in our idle chat time, and I found out I'm probably misreading it. What they tell me is that they often dread when couples come in because they worry that the girl is somehow being coerced to be there and doesn't really want to. Also, they worry about being judged by the woman when the guy wants a dance. I'm sure it happens.

I've seen both situations. I've seen both parties really into it and enjoying their time in the club. And I've also seen the girl look petrified to be there. That's a shame.

I remember a couple in an upscale local club that I was new to at a table next to mine. I first thought she was a dancer. She was beautiful and dressed to kill and he was kind of a shlub. He sat massaging her shoulders as he watched the stage show. What clued me in that she was a coerced wife was the stare. Fixed, unending, dead. She stared at some object just off the stage and never wavered. She never once looked at the stage. No conversation, just neck massage and staring. Sad.

On the other hand: I remember a club in the South - years ago. I spent several nights in a row in this club on a business trip. One night I sat next to a trio of couples out on the town and they were more interesting than the stage shows. These were clearly close friends, able to share wild experiences with each other. All night long the couples were into each other and into the dancers. And the wives were just as into it. I'm guessing that they'd been there before. And man was it hot! At this club the common practice was dancing at the tables, not in private. You'd just turn your chair around and they would dance for you. These couples got continuous dances all night. All of the dancers would float into the rotation thru these 6 people. First dancer would dance for hubby, the usual grind with a twist where she would walk her hands up his thighs into the leg openings of his shorts. Oops, naughty! Then over to the Mrs. for the long sensual dance with the lip brushing kiss and the lingering breast fondle and the Mrs. melting into her seat. Over and over all night long with me only 3 feet away. Hot!

So guys, if you take a date to the club, make sure she wants to be there. If she does, it'll be hot.