Saturday, November 29, 2003

Stalker, Dancer, and Me

It was a weird vibe in the club that night...

Beautiful dancers. Drunk guys.

Lovely young ladies. High guys.

Beautiful lady civilians (a very cool birthday party). Stalker guys.

Guys...What's up with that? Where is the love, the love, the love... (Sorry, I've been listening to that song all week.)

Several dancers comment to me that it's a strange night. "I noticed it too" I say. And I realized I've been in this particular club too often if I notice that it's an off vibe for this particular night of the week. Weird.

Dancers pass by me and sit. Beautiful blondes, sexy brunettes. Pixie-ish and statuesque. Exotic and normal. They're having an off night, no one's dancing. So they sit with me - hoping to entice me for a dance.

But I'm in a funk this night and dancing's not on my mind yet. I just sit, soaking it in, de-stressing from my week. I sit silently. Only half there. Letting the music pull me up. Enjoying the beauty but not drawn in. Yet.

I'm captivated by one in particular on this strange night. She sits with me and I smile. Getting better.

She's changed her hair, and I notice. "Do you like it straight or curly?". "Straight" I say. (But it's like asking me if I like ice cream or pizza. Yes, please!) She looks lovely either way. Really truly lovely. And slowly the week from hell is fading into the background...

But I'm not there yet so I send her away. She's working, I know. Go... do what you have to do and come back to me. I catch sight of her now and then. Sitting, talking, flirting, working. She's beautiful and it's okay that she's not with me. We'll be together soon.

And there's Stalker, but I don't know about him yet.

She comes back and we talk. I'm out of the funk and she's light me up. We have so much in common and the talk is light and lively.

And then there's Stalker. He waves her over and wants a dance now. I can see the anguish in her face as she waves him off. She knows him and does not want to dance for him. I'm her refuge.

And Stalker comes to our table and grabs her arm. He wants a dance NOW! And she adeptly fends him off again. Will we need a bouncer? The police? How often does she deal with this? I want to rescue her! But, there's a limit to how I can help.

But I can help, and we help each other. We excuse ourselves from the main area of the club and we dance the rest of the night with each other. And we are each other's refuge. We put it behind us and we dance. And it's truly one of the best dancetimes I've had in a club. The power of the refuge and the connection we have combine and we melt together..... And it is memorable.

My tribute to Dancer today is that I'll have to leave you without a description of that dance that night. That night is for Dancer and I. Her lovely face, her beautiful soft skin, our passion together is just for us. Thank you, my enchanting, lovely dancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home