Thursday, April 14, 2005

Rock on Strippers

One of the benefits of traveling constantly is rental cars. I'm in a different car every week. Fun cars. Big cars. Always new cars.

This week I'm in a Pontiac G6. That's right. The Oprah car. I always love driving Pontiacs because I just think they are fun cars that fit me well. Grand Prix's are my favorites. But this G6 is right up there. Fun. Sporty. Comfortable. Okay, enough of the commercial.

The best part of the G6 from a rental perspective, by far, is the XM radio in the car. I love it. I go out driving at night just to listen to all of the channels available on XM. Probably heading for a strip club too, but you already knew that :)

I went through all of the music channels. Enjoyed that.

I made it through all of the talk channels. I especially like AmeriRight and AmeriLeft talk radio. Nonstop politics. I'm there. And I listen to both. As I sidenote, I find it hysterically funny that you have to press the right seek key to go from AmeriRight to AmeriLeft. The leftwing channel is to the right of the rightwing channel. I guess you have to be a political junkie to think that's funny.

Speaking of funny, I just found two comedy channels yesterday. Standup comedy and TV / radio comedy bits 24 hours a day. I've been driving down the road laughing my ass off since I found them.

Which brings me to tonight and Chris Rock. I was driving down the road when Rock came on with a bit about Strip Clubs and Strippers. It was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. The man is a genius. I even arrived at my destination and stayed in my car laughing until the end of the routine.

I can't quote him exactly, but I'll try on a couple of his riffs:

On Strippers: " I'm not getting down on strippers. Somebody's got to do it. Somebody has to do the job that they do - entertaining married men. You're wife will do you, but she won't entertain you."

On the Stripper Myth: "You know the myth - 'I'm dancing to pay my college tuition'. No, you're not. What, is there a college in town that only accepts tuition in singles?"

On addicted buddies: "Every guy has a friend that is ADDICTED to strip clubs. Totally addicted. They even go in the daytime. Buddy, if you're in a strip club and the sun is out, you've got a problem."

There was more, and I was rolling. The man is a stone cold observational prodigy.

By the way, I'm guessing that I'm covering a lot of my friends as their addicted buddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home