Sunday, April 10, 2005

Toy Man

I was conversing with a dear virtual friend tonight when the topic of sex toys came up. I'll just say that she is a woman dearly in need of some sex toy pleasure. Not suprisingly, she doesn't own any and asked for some enlightment.

Now, I'm a guy but I've spent many hours shopping for sex toys. Many hours. I shop with the intention of pleasing my partner and I am a man of variety. I've bought them all. (Someday we'll have to talk about the backpack I have tucked away that contains a variety of high quality red leather restraints and lenths of cotton rope. Someday.) So I was able to offer some basic, beginner, advice. Here's what I told her:

Two things come to mind:

1. Where to buy them - I can't see you walking into an adult book store, where they sell all varieties of toys, by yourself. And I'm not there to give you a guided tour, which would be very much fun.

So, either you have to buy something off the internet or find a different type of store that sells them.

I'd start with the yellow pages under either "Lingerie" or "Novelties". Some lingerie stores, not the Victoria's Secret kind, have a back area with toys. And the sales staff is very helpful. Usually ladies working in there who will get you through any embarrassment. Just make a joke out of it and they'll joke back and help you. Other type of stores sell them as novelties. We have a store in my town that sells birthday supplies in the front and "Adult toys and oils" in the back.

2. What to buy: two types -

Vibrator style. There are three basic types you should think about:

- small pocket rocket or mini vibe. Looks like a tube of lipstick, with a vibrating head. More powerful than they look.

- Basic penis shaped. You can get them in solid, gel feel, or even natural skin feel. With or without vibration.

- Rabbit. the ultimate vibrator. It has a gel penis shaped tip, with rotating beads in the shaft for motion, and a clit stimulator extension. Probably takes some practice, but it's the ultimate machine.

Massager style. I recommend the Conair Toch and Tone style massager. It has a handgrip and a 90 degree extension with accessory heads. Easy to hold. Way powerful. It works. You can get one at any Walgreen's drugstore for $10, no questions asked. (Click here for picture.)

You asked! :)


Enjoy, my dear friend. I'll be waiting for a progress report.

Anybody else want to jump in with advice for my friend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home