Wednesday, January 12, 2005

...and She Looked so Innocent!

A topless cafe. That was a new one on me.

I had flown in on a business trip. Heading down the interstate, pushing my rental car, heading for an appointment in a city I had never been too. Midday, getting hungry. Suddenly, I see a brightly colored billboard advertising a topless cafe. And then another. And then another. What the heck, I could use a burger before my meeting. So I hit the advertised exit and there it is, all by it's lonesome out in the middle of nowhere.

It's a shack, really, and I probably wouldn't have ventured in if it had been nighttime. Semis in the parking lot. A small lunchtime crowd. Inside I find three areas blending in on top of each other: a cafe with tables and menus, an adult store with videos and toys, and a stripper stage and a small curtained area for private dancers.

It was out of character for me, I know, but I didn't really pay much attention to the stage or the strippers. I needed to have a quick lunch and get back on the road and I was thinking about the details of the meeting coming up. There seemed to be 3 or 4 modestly pretty girls rotating through a stage set, with no one actually tipping. I choked down a burger, poked my head into the adult toys area briefly (way overpriced, no sale!), and headed for the cashier to pay.

I was intercepted on the way to the counter by a very pretty and very young dancer. She was eighteen or so, maybe, very cute with minimal makeup on. She looked schoolgirl fresh scrubbed, not stripper dolled up. The only give away was the G-string, bra, and high heels attire. Dancer had beautiful long dark hair, a nice tanned figure, and an attractive inviting smile. In a word, I would describe her as "sweet".

"So, are you ready for a private dance?", dancer asked me in a sweet southern drawl.

"Thank you for offering, but no", I replied. "I have to get down the road."

"Are you sure?" she said smiling. "I could tie you up and smack you around some."

Not my thing, but it made my day anyway. I declined again, and I was out.

Thank you anyway, sweet dancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home