Thursday, February 10, 2005

on Tipping

A note: about the $1 tipping, mentioned and commented on in my last post. I'm not, as a rule, a big spender in the last year or so. I was in 2003 and I went through thousands of dollars. I scaled back in 2004 and visit the clubs on a manageable budget. I may be a bigger spender again in 2005, we'll see.

Generally, I maximize both my time and my money in the club and spend what I have to spend on high value opportunity. I spend time at the tiprail when I'm ready to tip, usually a $1 a song, more if it's one of my regular dancers. I never sit at the rail if I'm not going to tip and waste a dancer's time or insult her. I also don't make a habit of sitting "for free" at a table and watching all night without tipping. I appreciate that the girls are working. I also don't waste a dancer's time talking at a table if I'm not going to buy a lapdance. If they ask if they can sit down with me, and I'm not ready to or planning to buy a lapdance, I politely decline. Again so that they can move on and work. Somewhere in the night, I will know who I want some dances from and I buy a few (at $20 or $30 per dance) or a 1/2 hour (at $150 per), enjoy myself, and move on. But that's just me. Everyone has their habits.

Just so you can gage me: on the two-night upscale cicuit that I'm writing posts about, I visited 4 clubs in two nights, spent 9 hours in the clubs total, had 5 lapdances total, had no alcohol, and spent about $280 total. Not extravagant, not cheap - just on a budget. What do you think?

Also...what are everyone else's habit on tipping at the tiprail? Let's have a class on that here this week. Click on the word "comment" and add your two cents - or $1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home