Friday, November 07, 2003

What's in a Name?

Ahhh, stripper names. An integral part of the culture of the club. The enabler of the feeling of security in that fantasy world - anonymity. For me and for her. Her name an illusion, my last name never spoken. It works.

How much time do they spend choosing a name? No idea.

You would think the names would blend into each other over the years. Lots of Chloe's and Angel, Nikki, Dakota, and Joey's. Some exotic , some common. Some so unique they would identify one specific dancer. But I remember the names, even as I don't ever expect them to remember mine.

I've chosen not to use their names here. It's anonymous, as it is in the club. To you, reader, they'll all be simply "Dancer". Oh, but I know the name. They're seared in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home